Thank you for considering our program for your child. We are so exited about our dynamic Spanish program.
The goal of the program is to introduce students to Spanish vocabulary, conversations and cultural events that will help them to communicate in Spanish, through fun, age-appropriate activities such as games, songs, puppets, music, physical movement, and cultural events. All activities will be done is Spanish. We have been very pleased with the manner in which all of our students have adjusted to the total immersion concept, and their success has been a source of pride to us.
We are offering the follow Spanish Immersion Programs for the 2015/2016 school year:
1. Preschool Program (3 to 5 years old)
- Mondays and Wednesdays 8:45 A.M. to 11:15 A.M
- Mondays and Wednesdays 12:15 P.M. to 2:45 P.M.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:45 to 11:15 A.M.
- The cost is $350 per quarter with a one time $50 enrollment fee
2. Kindergarten and First Grade Program
- Mondays and Wednesdays 3:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:30 to 4:30 P.M.
- The cost is $200 per quarter and a one time $50 enrollment fee.
- We will pick up Kindergarten students from the bus stop at Harman School. Kindergarten students who usually take the bus to Smith can take the bus to Harman on Mondays and Wednesdays.
3. School Age Program (2nd to 4th grade)
- Mondays and Wednesdays 4:30 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.
- The cost is $300 per quarter and a one time $50 deposit.
- We walk students from their bus stop or Harmon Elementary to the Spanish classroom. Students could attend one day a week or both days at half cost.
4. Enriched School Age Program
- Fridays 4:30 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.
- The cost is $180 per quarter with a one time $50 enrollment fee
4. Conversational Spanish for Teens and Adults:
- Thursdays 5:30 P.M. to 7:30 P.M.
- The cost is $200 per quarter and a one time $50 enrollment fee
- Special outings will be arranged
Should Oakwood City Schools close due to the weather, Oakwood Spanish Immersion will close as well. This is the 2015/2016 schedule by quarters.
Fall Quarter: September 8th – November 30th
Winter Quarter: December 1st – February 29th
Spring Quarter: March 1st – May 27th