Thank you for considering our program for your child. We are so exited about our dynamic Spanish program.
The goal of the program is to introduce students to Spanish vocabulary, conversations and cultural events that will help them to communicate in Spanish, through fun, age-appropriate activities such as games, songs, puppets, music, physical movement, and cultural events. All activities will be done is Spanish. We have been very pleased with the manner in which all of our students have adjusted to the total immersion concept, and their success has been a source of pride to us.
We are offering the follow Spanish Immersion Programs for the 2017/2018 school year:
1. Preschool Program (3 to 5 years old)
- Mondays and Thursdays 8:45 A.M. to 11:15 A.M. Students have the option to attend both days or one day.
- Mondays and Thursdays 12:15 P.M. to 2:45 P.M. Students have the option to attend both days or one day.
- The cost is $350 per quarter (both days), $200 per quarter(one day), with a one time $50 enrollment fee
2. Kindergarten and Frist Grade Program
- Mondays and Wednesdays 3:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. Students have the option to attend both days or one day.
- The cost is $200 per quarter (both days) and a $150 (one day), with a one time $50 enrollment fee.
- We will pick up Kindergarten students from the bus stop at Harman School. Kindergarten students who usually take the bus to Smith can take the bus to Harman on Mondays and Wednesdays.
3. School Age Program (1st to 4th grade)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. Students have the option to attend both days or one day.
- The cost is $200 per quarter (both days), $150 per quarter (one day), and a one time $50 enrollment fee.
- We will pick up students from Harman School.
4. Conversational Spanish for Teens and Adults:
- Thursdays 5:15 P.M. to 7:15 P.M.
- Let us know if another times would work for you, more classes could be added.
- The cost is $200 per quarter and a one time $50 enrollment fee
- Special outings will be arranged
5. Private classes
We are offering private Spanish classes for children, teens and adults.
These classes are structure to help you communicate in Spanish, improve you Spanish grades or refresh your Spanish.
Whether your goal is to learn Spanish, to help you communicate on the job, on vacation, for fun or personal development, these conversation-based classes will help you meet that goal!
These private classes are designed to teach Spanish in a fun age-appropriate way.
- Private classes: $300.00 per person per quarter (12 week sessions) for 1 hr, in our location: St. Paul Episcopal Church.
. Semi-Private (two students in class with same level): $200.00 each per quarter (12 week sessions) for 1 hr in our location: St. Paul Episcopal Church.
. Group classes: 3 students: $150 each per quarter., 4 students $125 each per quarter, 5 students $100 each per quarter
Payments can be made in installments
We also offer private classes at your home in the Oakwood and Kettering areas.
Should Oakwood City Schools close due to the weather, Oakwood Spanish Immersion will close as well. This is the 2017/2018 schedule by quarters.
Fall Quarter: September 5th-November 30th
Winter Quarter: December 1st -March 2nd
Spring Quarter:March 5th-May 25th